Friday, March 4, 2011

Postcard from Mercury


Hi Bren,

I know I ain't seen you in a while cause I been on Mercury.  It's closest to the sun 'n the sun's like ninety millyun miles from earth so I can't come home for the weekend or nothin' right now.  But it's cool cause there ain't no school here.  Plus it's hot in the daytime.  Too bad it's so stinkin' cold at night, I hafta stay inside, but I can go out in the mornin' 'fore it gets too hot.  There's lotsa rock here 'n Mercury's got more craters 'n a kid with bad acne.  So I hafta carry a baseball bat so's I c'n swat alla rocks come flyin' at me outta nowhere.  Plus it's real windy cause the solar wind's always dumpin' space junk here.  It's cool though cause there ain't too much gravity here so when I kick my soccer ball I can kick it so high it takes ten minutes to come back down.  Me 'n my friend play soccer 'n I win cause he only got a snakey legs 'n then a tail so's he can balance.  His name's Nyrk 'n he's got four eyes 'n lil bitty hands.  He's real tall 'n I grew tall too cause even though the planet's all metal there no gravity made us stretchy.  And wobbly too.  I live in my house I built in a crater cep it's near the wall so if another crater hits, maybe I ain't get blown up.  You gotta come! 

McKennah

No comments:

Post a Comment